WILD CARD AMERICANS TO HEADLINE CHARLESTON DOUBLES
Doubles World No. 11 Desirae Krawczyk will team up with fellow American Danielle Collins to headline the Charleston Open doubles field after accepting a main draw wildcard. In 2022, the pair made a run to the Wimbledon semifinals, knocking out three seeded teams along the way.
Olympic gold medalist Bethanie Mattek-Sands and fellow American Shelby Rogers have also accepted a main draw wildcard into the doubles field.
The highest-ranked doubles player in the field, World No. 8 Giuliana Olmos will play alongside Ena Shibahara. The pair hold a combined 13 WTA Doubles titles and will be the No. 1 seeded team when play begins.
The doubles competition is always hotly contested in Charleston. Make plans to experience the strategy and camaraderie of doubles tennis next week.
Doubles Field: (as of March 31, 2023)
- Giuliana Olmos (MEX) & Ena Shibahara (JPN)
- Caroline Dolehide (USA) & Storm Hunter (AUS)
- Nicole Melichar-Martinez (USA) & Alycia Parks (USA)
- Laura Siegemund (GER) & Vera Zvonareva
- Alexa Guarachi (CHI) & Erin Routliffe (NZL)
- Yana Sizikova & Aldila Sutjiadi (INA)
- Cristina Bucsa (ESP) & Anna Danilina (KAZ)
- Ulrikke Eikeri (NOR) & Miriam Kolodziejova (CZE)
- Katarzyna Kawa (POL) & Alicja Rosolska (POL)
- Sophie Chang (USA) & Angela Kulikov (USA)
- Alicia Barnett (GBR) & Olivia Nicholls (GBR)
- Danielle Collins (USA) & Desirae Krawczyk (USA) – WC
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) & Shelby Rogers (USA) – WC
Four additional teams will be added to the doubles field in the coming days.
Jabeur seals Charleston title in 2022 rematch, exacting revenge on Bencic
Ons Jabeur just needed one more try at it. The 2022 runner-up here, Jabeur exacted revenge on reigning...Read more
10 memorable moments from the 2023 Credit One Charleston Open
How does it always go so fast? It seems like it was only a moment ago that we were welcoming fans for...Read more
Jabeur, Bencic face off for Charleston title in back-to-back years
For the first time in Credit One Charleston Open history, we have a repeat final in back-to-back years....Read more